Preparing an Application
The following questions will help guide you in the planning process as you prepare to apply for the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th. Be sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions links in the sidebar before you submit your application.
The Fund’s Local Outlook
- Does our community have a community foundation that is participating in this initiative?
- If yes, what is the Fund’s focus in our community, and when will applications be accepted?
- If no, visit ‘My community does not have a community foundation‘
- Is our organization an eligible qualified donee?
- If not, is there an eligible qualified donee in our community that would like to collaborate with us?
- How will our organization provide the required match, whether in cash or in-kind?
- Does our project fit the Fund’s eligibility criteria?
- Does our community foundation have any further requirements for eligible projects?
- Are there other groups in our community that might be interested in collaborating with us?
- Have we added our project to the 150Alliance?
The Application Process
- Are we prepared to complete the three parts of the application to the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th?
- Application form. A preview of the form’s questions is available here.
- Project budget. The budget template is available here, please read our FAQ to learn more about eligibility criteria and matching requirements.
- ‘Other Contributions (Matching)’ form. This form will confirm the sources of your project’s matching contributions, whether in cash and/or in-kind. A preview of this confirmation is available here.
- Have we watched the following video on the application process?
If you have answered all of these questions, you are ready to apply!