Which expenditures are eligible?
The grant from the ‘Community Fund for Canada’s 150th’ can be used for expenditures include reasonable and essential expenditures to undertake and carry out a project.
Examples of eligible expenditures include:
- Equipment rental;
- Promotional products and publicity expenditures;
- Reasonable salaries and benefits or professional fees related specifically to project activities, for example: project coordination and implementation, event management, production, translation, Web design and project-related research.
Please be aware that the following expenditures are considered ineligible, and cannot be covered by a grant from the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th:
- Expenditures to be covered by the grant that have already been incurred at the time of application;
- Project expenditures that have been or are funded by institutions of the federal government;
- Large capital expenses (recommended to be kept below $2,000 per expense)
- Purchase of alcoholic beverages or liquor permits
- Purchase of any illegal substances
- Gifts, payments for recognition, or prizes
- Any legal fees, including traffic fines and penalties
- Expenditures made after January 31, 2018.