Who can apply?
Eligible qualified donees operating within Canada may apply for small grants from the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th.
Eligible qualified donees include:
- registered charities;
- registered Canadian amateur athletic associations;
- registered housing corporations resident in Canada constituted exclusively to provide low-cost housing for the aged;
- registered Canadian municipalities;
- registered municipal or public bodies performing a function of government in Canada.
I’m not a qualified donee – can I still apply?
Community groups and other actors are welcome to work with a qualified donee to make an application to the Fund. In the case of such a collaboration, the qualified donee would submit the application on behalf of the collaborating partners.
Check the Canada Revenue Agency Charities Listing, and List of Other Qualified Donees to find potential partners in your community – they may be interested in collaborating on your project!
Please note that the following qualified donees, as well as their departments and agencies, are ineligible for support from the Fund:
- the Government of Canada (federal government);
- the federal, provincial, and territorial governments;
- the Crown; and
- the United Nations.