A sneak peak into the 2019 Conference
As you know, the next Community Foundations of Canada conference is coming up in Victoria from June 6-8, 2019. We hope you have already marked your calendars for this gathering, which promises to be bold and inspiring! Our official launch for the Conference takes place in October, but we want to share a sneak peak with you and provide some information to help you plan.
Canada’s community foundation movement has plenty to be proud of and lots of work left to do.
At the 2017 Community Foundations Conference, we asked tough questions about what it means to ‘belong’. It is a theme that forced us to recognize some difficult truths about our institutions, our communities and our country. But it is also one that has inspired action, seeded new initiatives and created opportunities to understand more deeply the things that matter most to our communities: economic and environmental sustainability, gender equality, reconciliation, poverty and climate change, to name a few.
Challenges that are felt locally but connect us to communities around the world. Challenges with no one-size fits all solution but which require meaningful participation, collaboration and trust by all Canadians: young and old; non-Indigenous, Indigenous, and newcomers alike; urban and rural; from east, west, North and everywhere in between.
Challenges that require us to be ‘All In’.
That’s the spirit in which we will meet in Victoria in June 2019, on the ancestral lands of the Lekwungen people of the Esquimalt and Songhees Nations. To explore how we can collectively and meaningfully be ‘All In’ for our communities and for a more equitable and sustainable future.
What you can expect from the 2019 conference
- An unparalleled community philanthropy gathering: hundreds of Canadian and international leaders from the sector at home and abroad
- An inspiring slate of Canadian and international speakers
- A special host event with the Victoria Foundation
- More than 55 curated workshops, sessions, and experiential learning sessions for participants
- Unique cultural experiences and exclusive events honouring the traditional territory and cultures, and showcasing the uniqueness of Vancouver Island
- Opportunities to reconnect, learn and ideate with friends and network with peers
Details to help you plan
- Our Canadian bursary application period is now open. Community foundations seeking financial assistance to attend the gathering should apply by Sept. 28, 2018.
- Late October 2018: We want to hear your ideas for working sessions and breakouts. Watch for our call for proposals.
- September 2018: Details on pricing, travel and more
- Mid-October 2018: Official launch and registration with early bird pricing