Section 1 – Getting Started
Once you’ve decided that hosting a conversation around Canada’s 150th would be valuable for your community, you can begin to plan.
Contact the 150Alliance
- We have a national network ranging from local groups to national organizations, and we’d be happy to support your community event any way we can. Connect with us!
Consider your time and resources
- Do you want to host a one-hour workshop, a full-day session, or something in between?
- Are there any community organizations that might be interested in partnering with you?
Tap into your networks
- Begin to gauge interest in your community by sharing the idea with individuals and groups you’re close to.
Set a date and location
- Chances are, there is somewhere in your community that will provide you with in-kind space for your event. Ask around to local community organizations, especially those who may be planning their own 2017 activities.
- Once you have secured a space and date, you are ready to start building your guest list.