Ten reasons people choose community foundations
- We are a local organization with deep roots in the community, and part of a nationwide movement whose support we build and share.
- We bring donors to the table as community builders, working closely with them to align their philanthropic vision with the community’s needs.
- We identify long-term needs and opportunities and invest in solutions that let our communities guide their own future.
- We take a broad and inclusive view of what a community is, and provide grants to the widest possible range of organizations and initiatives.
- We provide highly personal and flexible service, accepting a wide variety of assets and offering donors maximum tax advantage.
- We build permanent funds and those that can respond to immediate needs, helping our communities ensure vital futures.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts.
- We believe that diversity is strength, so we bring the entire community together to stimulate new ideas, build participation and strengthen community philanthropy.
- We are transparent and reputable stewards of community resources, committed to being accountable, accessible and responsive.
- We build community vitality – the unique and essential spirit that flourishes when people believe their community holds possibilities for everyone.
Is giving through a community foundation right for your clients?
- Do they care deeply about their community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy?
- Do they want to make difference but aren’t sure where or how to start?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation, but are concerned about cost and administrative complexity?
- Would they like to stay involved in the use of their gift?
- Are they interested in teaching their children about giving?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
- Do they need a charitable giving plan that reflects life changes and if needed can be private and anonymous?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about their local community foundation.