New community foundations open grants for #Canada150Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016 | Alison Sidney
Summer is here with a splash! A new wave of community foundations are now accepting grant applications to the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th.
From east to west and north to south, hundreds of communities all across Canada are already participating or getting ready to leverage the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th to support local projects that build community and encourage engagement in Canada’s sesquicentennial.
Here’s the community foundations set to accept grant applications next. Congrats to all those on board! You can find other participating community foundations on our website.
- Yellowknife Community Foundation (NWT)
- Drayton Valley Community Foundation (AB)
- Community Foundation of Southeastern Alberta (AB)
- The Reston and Area Foundation Inc. (MB)
- Big Grass Community Foundation Inc. (MB)
- The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation (ON)
- Community Foundation of PEI (PEI)
- Red Deer & District Community Foundation (AB) – August 3
- Grand Bend Community Foundation (ON) – August 15
- Muskoka Community Foundation (ON) – August 15
- Community Foundation of Ottawa (ON) – August 22
- Caledonia Community Foundation (ON) – August 29
The Community Fund for Canada’s 150th is a collaborative effort, seeded by the Government of Canada and extraordinary leaders from coast to coast to coast, and matched and delivered locally by Canada’s 191 community foundations.