About Community Foundations of Canada
Community Foundations of Canada (CFC) was founded in 1992 to support and connect community foundations working across Canada. The community foundations network has grown considerably since then; today, more than 90% of Canadian communities have access to a community foundation. Collectively the network stewards combined assets of more than $6.2 billion, and we’ve put hundreds of millions back into communities. CFC’s purpose is to “relentlessly pursue a future where everyone belongs.” In addition to championing the issues that matter to Canadians, CFC also acts as a catalyst, thought leader and partner to help make our communities stronger, more resilient and sustainable.
CFC’s team dreams big about community impact, with a supportive culture rooted in learning, collaboration, and a dedication to teamwork. The main office is in Ottawa, though our team is distributed across the country and works closely with our network that has deep roots in communities from coast to coast to coast.
To help strengthen this community and advance our purpose through digital content and storytelling, we’re expanding our Communications team with the addition of the role of Communications Coordinator, Digital Content.
About the role
Reporting to the Vice President and working in close collaboration with colleagues across the organization as well as online communities, the Communications Coordinator, Digital Content is responsible for several key communications functions at CFC.
As the Communications Coordinator, Digital Content, you will:
Part A: Cross-team and Cross-Programming Planning (25%)
- Support the communications team in the development and implementation of the annual Marketing Communications Plan and business objectives
- Assist with event management for various CFC programs, projects and initiatives, including playing a key role in CFC’s biennial conference planning team
- Work with colleagues across the organization to build CFC’s asset library, image bank and story bank for external communications
- Contribute to supporting a culture of communications throughout CFC, notably through the oversight and day-to-day management of shared platforms for internal communications (Slack, Trello etc) and other internal communications tools and content, including the Simply Board enewsletter to CFC’s Board of Directors
- Assist building and deploying CFC’s feedback loop, including short polls, survey and feedback forms across relevant digital channels
- As time and interest allows, participated in working groups, committees etc
Part B: Content Creation and Delivery (60%)
- Help to steward online relationships with influencers and stakeholders via CFC’s social media channels
- Create, publish and maintain content for CFC’s website and several social media platforms administered and operated by CFC, including CFC’s corporate channels as well as Alliance2030
- Update and maintain mailing lists, accounts and subscriptions for CFC in collaboration with colleagues across the CFC team
- Contribute to CFC’s communications materials through copy writing, editing, proofreading and applying plain language as per CFC’s new style guide for consistency
- Support the writing and production of CFC’s Annual Report
- Act as a steward for the CFC brand ensuring content meets brand guidelines, reflecting CFCs visual aesthetic and tone
Part C: Performance Reporting and Analysis (15%)
- Help CFC develop and strengthen its tracking and metrics for digital content, including for web, social media, direct mail and other communications activities
- Build and maintain performance reports and dashboards to assist the CFC team to understand which content and strategies are most effective communicating with CFCs network
Requirements of the position
- An undergraduate degree in communications or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Two to three (3) years of experience in the areas related to the position are required
Knowledge and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both official languages is required
- Comfort working in a distributed team and a pan-Canadian network (including a remote office environment as required)
- Capacity to create outstanding social media content in tight timelines. Capacity to create great video, stories, shareables is a definite asset.
- Social and online “connector,” and a capacity to engage with influencers and key online stakeholders
- A passion for all things digital and social, following trends and ever-evolving norms, practices and functionalities on social media platforms
- Proficiency in all social (and related) platforms including but not limited to Twitter; Facebook; Instagram; LinkedIn; Buffer; Hootsuite; Canva; Google ads; Facebook ads; Google Tag Manager; Google Analytics (SEO experience is an asset)
- Proficiency in G Suite products and apps, WordPress CMS, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign products; as well as all relevant social media platforms, including project management tools like Slack and Trello. Video and audio editing skills an asset.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to self-organize, prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines;
- Solid attention to brand and design practices, as well as the ability to produce visual, audio and video content an asset on tight timelines;
- This position is open to applicants available to work remotely based anywhere in Canada. Applicants based in Ottawa and Toronto will have access to work from one of CFC’s offices at the time when they reopen.
- The salary range is: $40,000 – $50,000.
- Employer RRSP contributions and employer paid group benefits, and professional development will be offered after a three-month probationary period.
How to Apply
The Coordinator, Digital Content is a full-time position with ample opportunities for growth and development within a highly dynamic and motivated team.
If interested, please send your CV, cover letter and any samples of your writing work to email@example.com by April 5, 2021 with the subject line: Application: Communications Coordinator, Digital Content.
For information about Canada’s community foundation movement, please visit our website at www.communityfoundations.ca.