We’re currently looking for a 22-month contract for a Program Manager, Recovery Fund. The Community Services Recovery Fund is a $400 million, pan-Canadian funding program to help charities and nonprofits adapt and modernize. The Program Manager will support the Program Lead, Recovery Fund overseeing the day to day operations, project management and will be collaborating with the internal team and other national funders and government stakeholders and ensuring the Recovery Fund is meeting project milestones. The Program Manager will also work across the community foundation network, with a particular focus on supporting the Northern, Francophone (in and outside of Quebec) segments as well as other areas served directly by CFC through the fund. The Program Manager is, in collaboration with the Program Lead and Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, also responsible for leading budget management, and overseeing reporting requirements with the federal government. This is a bilingual role, with a requirement for strong written and verbal capacities in both official languages.
CFC is committed to relentlessly pursuing a future where everyone belongs — that starts with our team. We can grow, learn and better serve our communities with a diversity of perspectives and lived experiences. We welcome the unique contributions people can bring in terms of their geographic location in Canada, education, culture, ethnicity, Indigenous status, race, languages spoken, gender identity and expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
- Status: This is a 22-month contract position (with the possibility of an extension) within a highly dynamic and motivated team dependent on project approval and funding.
- Location: Anywhere in Canada, but must be able to participate occasionally in virtual meetings as early as 9 AM Eastern time. Must be able to work from home. A small budget to support office setup will be provided.
- Compensation package: The package is between $65,000 – $75,000 per year, depending on experience.
Who are we looking for?
You are an experienced, strategic professional with the capacity to understand the big picture as well as manage the details, in two official languages. You have experience advising and making strategic recommendations to a leadership team, and are a solutions-oriented problem-solver with high capacity to prioritize, balance competing priorities and deadlines. You are a team player and are comfortable receiving and giving instructions and can incite and track progress toward project milestones while overseeing a large project budget.
You are comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders and building positive relationship dynamics among groups with competing interests and priorities. You are skilled at making connections, developing trusting relationships, managing stakeholders, and providing excellent customer service. You are able to use various types of virtual tools to facilitate and host meetings and events seamlessly.
You have excellent presentation, communication, and organizational skills and can develop positive relationships as a representative of CFC across the charitable sector, subject matter experts, and representatives of diverse stakeholder groups across the country. You are able to manage a complex portfolio of work, with multiple deadlines and deliverables.
You are a self-starter with a can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, who’s not afraid to dive in wherever necessary to get the job done. You are adaptive and thrive when working in complexity.
You understand and apply an anti-oppression, anti-racist, and feminist lens to your work. You uphold the values of CFC and help advance our commitments. This position reports to the Program Lead, Recovery Fund, with a dotted line to Vice President, Strategic Initiatives.
What does the role involve?
Project Management (65%)
- Maintaining and overseeing the project management of the Recovery Fund, ensuring we are on track to meet all program milestones and deliverables in line with the Contribution Agreement and project plan using Zoho One and Zoho CRM.
- Building and maintaining solid project management ties between different CFC units (and associated technologies) contributing to the CSRF (or that have interdependencies with CSRF within CFC) These include: Communications, Corporate Services, Data & Systems, Learning Institute, Applicant Support and the CSRF Program Design and Leadership team.
- Supporting the internal communications function of CSRF within the CFC team
- Managing and monitoring CFC’s CSRF program budget. In collaboration with CFC’s corporate services, you will work closely with the Program Lead to ensure we prepare and submit our interim and final reports, as per the Recovery Fund reporting timelines
- Conducting risk assessment on an ongoing and iterative basis throughout the project timeline and flagging any foreseen risks to the Program Lead and SI VP
- Assisting in overseeing and completing reporting requirements, including CSRF reporting to CFC’s board of directors
- With guidance from SI VP and Program Lead, managing the agenda and facilitating the CSRF standing team meetings 3x weekly
- Tracking workflows and supporting SI VP and Program Lead work with National Funders work through CSRF Working Group and Steering Committee
- Maintaining an ongoing flow of communications and updates to the Program Lead and any issues that may arise on a daily basis
Stakeholder Engagement (20%)
- Maintaining relationships, providing training, support, resources and assistance to member community foundations, particularly in the Quebec and francophone, Northern markets that are participants in the Recovery Fund
- Assisting the Program Lead and senior management to represent CFC’s interest with the federal government, the Quebec government and the other National Funders
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external partners and consultants contributing to the design and implementation of the Recovery Fund
- Maintaining direct relationships with federal government representatives designated as points of contact for reporting and acting as a central point of contact for CFC’s CSRF team, and helping the team respond to ad hoc requests
- Hosting and participating in meetings, consultations, and training events with external stakeholders
Strategy & Planning (15%)
- Providing strategic analysis, and recommendations to the Lead and SI VP in the implementation and reporting work associated with CSRF
- Considering and providing recommendations on timeline considerations and program delivery decisions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Francophone or bilingual professional, with excellent written and verbal skills in both official languages
- 3+ years of experience as a project manager overseeing projects with a similar size or complexity that involve many stakeholders
- 3+ years of financial management experience (e.g. cash flow, P&L)
- Demonstrated experience with building strong relationships and partnerships across sectors
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and navigating conversations with external stakeholders, where diverging interests are present
- Demonstrated diplomacy and discretion in handling delicate and highly confidential matters
- Demonstrated ability to work and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High standards of professional behaviour, ethical standards, and sound judgment
- Ability to become knowledgeable on a number of different topics
- Experience (or familiarity) with cloud-based CRM, productivity and collaboration tools. CFC uses GSuite (Google Docs, Sheets and Slide, etc), Zoho One (CRM, Survey, Forms, Projects, etc), Slack and Zoom
- Lived experiences or knowledge that contribute to CFC’s purpose, creativity, and perspectives
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP), or other similar project management training
- Respected community networker with a proven track record of experience in the community foundation and/or the philanthropic sector
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the following form: click here. Please make your cover letter out to Geneviève Vallerand, VP Strategic Initiatives. In your cover letter, please explain why you are a good fit for this role.
The deadline for applications is February 6th, 2023, although applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, so please apply early. The selected candidate must be able to start no later than March 13, 2023, and preferably earlier.