About Community Foundations of Canada
CFC was founded in 1992 to support and connect community foundations working across Canada. The movement of community foundations has grown considerably since then. Today, more than 90% of Canadian communities have access to a community foundation. Collectively our network stewards combined assets of more than $6.2 billion and we’ve put hundreds of millions back into communities. Our purpose is to “relentlessly pursue a future where everyone belongs.” In addition to championing the issues that matter to Canadians, CFC also acts as a convenor, thought leader and partner to help make our communities stronger, more resilient and sustainable. With a renewed purpose, historic investments and new partnerships with the public, private and philanthropic sector, CFC is poised to create ever more impact in the years ahead.
About the role
Working with the Director of Communications, as well as teams across the organization and external partners and stakeholders, the Translator-Revisor- Writer (French) primarily provides translation, content development (writing) and revision services (English to French) and terminology services to the operations, programs and projects at CFC. The Translator-Revisor-Writer contributes to the terminology bank, bitexts, and memory of the CFC’s translation services. The Translator- Revisor-Writer is responsible for coordinating translation requests and manages external service providers in translation services, as needed. The incumbent also conducts research and performs other related duties to support CFC’s francophone foundation engagement.
Requirements of the position
- An undergraduate degree in translation, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Five (5) years of experience in revision of translation and translation in the public, not-for-profit or corporate sector
- Capacity to work in a variety of subject matter areas and with different types of content and tones (report; web; social media etc)
- Experience in conducting advanced documentary and terminological research, including attention to inclusive writing, including progressive and gender-inclusive writing
- Writing experience
Knowledge and Competencies
- Excellent translation and revision skills (including extensive knowledge of revision standards and rules)
- Knowledge of translation tools, including computer-assisted translation systems
- Knowledge of Google suite, Microsoft, Slack and other similar digital collaboration tools
- An aptitude and interest to be part of a dynamic and small but mighty team!
- A roll up your sleeves, “can do” attitude
- Comfort working in a distributed team and a pan-Canadian network (including a remote office environment as required)
- Tact, discretion, capacity to prioritize, multi-task and a high degree of rigour
- Aptitude for writing and research
- An understanding of emerging trends in content marketing as well as visual and written communications (blogs, social networking, etc.)
- An understanding of communication principles and strategies, and of basic project management processes
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit and charitable sector and fields of interest of CFC are an asset (SDGs; healthy and resilient communities; impact investing; gender equality etc)
You may be required to travel up to 12 days per year and on occasion, work irregular hours.
This position can be located anywhere in Canada.
The Translator-Revisor (French) is a full-time position within a highly dynamic and motivated team. The salary range is $55,000 – $65,000 and has competitive RRSP and paid group benefits after a three-month probationary period.