Please note, this course requires advance registration for all three sessions. This is part of a paid program.
This course will review the trends, tactics and strategy of soliciting and managing major donations of cash and how to accept gifts like securities and manage assets like registered funds, endowments and advised funds. This goes well beyond fundraising into the roots of the future of philanthropy in Canada. This course is delivered in collaboration with the Canadian Association of Gift Planners and is CFRE accredited.
Cost: $75 per person for all three sessions
Who should attend:
- Foundation Executive Directors looking to have stronger donor conversations
- Finance staff looking to understand how to accept and administrate gifts of assets ( ie. Life Insurance & Bequests )
- Fund development staff who wish to raise more major and planned gifts from donors
- Foundation staff who want to learn how to work more collaboratively with professional advisors
- Board members who work with private clients who would like to learn more about Canadian asset-based philanthropy
If you are looking to grow your knowledge in gift planning, particularly for small to mid-sized community foundations, then this is the program for you. A maximum of 30 participants will be accepted and you must commit to all three sessions. All sessions will include some pre-reading and follow-up work and run from 1 – 2:30 pm Eastern. CFRE credit available. These sessions are designed specifically for members of Community Foundations of Canada.
November 3, 1-2:30 p.m. ET: Course 1 | Taxes, trends and core gifts
November 24, 1-2:30 p.m. ET: Course 2 | Common Planned Gifts
December 8, 1-2:30 p.m. ET: Course 3 | Turning theory into practise – running a philanthropy program
Paul Nazareth, Vice President, Education & Development, Canadian Association of Gift Planners.