Strategic investment practices can provide financial return for community foundations while investing in social good including gender equality. To have these practices come to life, community foundations need to have solid governance practices and a strong understanding of impact investing from the board and investment committees.
Building on the session “Impact and Gender Lens Investing 101”, (recording is available in the Resource Library), this session dives deep into the governance dimension of impact investing. This session, led by our partners at Rally Assets, is specifically designed for decision-makers implementing investment strategies for the foundation. You will have the opportunity to learn governance best practices about incorporating impact and Gender Lens Investing into your portfolios, as well as important governance considerations.
What you will learn:
- The best practices in incorporating Gender-Lens into your organization’s investment strategy
- How to understand and evaluate key terminology, industry trends, and asset classes related to gender-lens investing
- The governance considerations needed to incorporate gender-lens investing into a foundation’s activities
- What the important roles & responsibilities are of of board and committee members in relation to Gender-Lens Investing.
Who is this for?
This event is part of the broader curriculum for Communities for Gender Equality Cohort but is open to all community foundations. This session is particularly relevant for board members of community foundations, investment and finance committee members.
This session will support community foundation work on several SDGs including
* Recordings of this session are not offered *