Terms of Engagement
- Youth Powering Community (YPC) is for youth aged 15-29 and partner organizations working with youth, including those that are part of RBC’s Future Launch Community Challenge
- There is a zero tolerance policy for any form of harassment or discriminatory behavior by or toward YPC participants. Those who do not respect this commitment will be removed from the platform and from future YPC sessions.
- It is our shared responsibility to ensure that YPC sessions are safe, accessible and equitable for all. If you observe actions, behaviors or comments that are not aligned to this vision, please notify a program lead by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Shared Agreements
Community agreements represent “a consensus on what every person in our group needs from each other and commits to each other in order to feel safe, supported, open, productive and trusting” (National Equity Project). As we enter into dialogue and relationship with each other through YPC, we propose the following guiding principles for our time together, to be reviewed and amended as needed at the start of each session:
- We are accountable to working in the spirit of reconciliation and decolonization and to exploring what this means for each of us.
- We use people’s pronouns.
- All our experiences, ideas and intelligences are valuable and welcome.
- We remember our lived experiences are different and acknowledge that we have different experiences from others. We speak from “I,” and clarify the “we.”
- We honour stories: when we hear a story, we are being trusted to hold it, not share it, unless explicit permission is given.
- We do not demand knowledge from others or answers to our questions, but enter into relationship and confirm that someone is the person to ask and is comfortable answering. We respect their “no.”
- Oops and Ouch: we acknowledge our mistakes and take steps to make it right; we make room for others to acknowledge if they’ve been hurt or affected by our actions or words.