Are you a changemaker looking to impact the philanthropic sector in Canada? Do you know a community-minded individual or a local community foundation board member or staff who would be a great addition to CFC’s Board? The CFC Board is inviting applications.
Apply by February 24, 2023.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for dynamic, community-minded individuals looking to make an impact in community and the philanthropic sector in Canada. Are you:
- Committed to CFC’s purpose of relentlessly pursuing a future where everyone belongs?
- A strategic leader with governance experience who is committed to building strong, equitable and inclusive communities?
- An emergent or experienced leader in the community foundation network and dedicated to supporting communities?
- A curious and future-oriented leader with the ability to operate collaboratively in a rapidly changing environment?
- Knowledgeable about societal and community issues and approaches to social change?
If so, please consider applying.
Skills, perspectives and expertise
CFC is seeking nominees with a broad range of skills, perspectives and expertise and is particularly interested in hearing from candidates with:
- Accounting and financial expertise and individuals with CPA designation;
- Lived experience as a member of a First Nation, Métis, Inuit, or Indigenous community;
- Francophone and bilingual applicants in Canada’s two official languages;
- Environmental activism & climate expertise;
- Applicants from northern communities, including the territories, and Quebec, Manitoba and Atlantic Canada;
- Legal expertise;
- Individuals with network leadership experience;
- Individuals with experience in innovation and program design.
CFC is committed to relentlessly pursuing a future where everyone belongs — that starts with our team.
We can grow, learn and better serve our communities with a diversity of perspectives and lived experiences.
CFC strives to maintain equity and diversity on its board and to represent the communities and regions in our network and from coast to coast to coast. We welcome the unique contributions people can bring in terms of their geographic location in Canada, education, culture, ethnicity, Indigenous status, race, languages spoken, gender identity and expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
- Contribute skills and expertise to advance CFC’s purpose.
- Bringing a strategic perspective to the sector and our evolving organization.
- Participate in three in-person meetings and three to four videoconference meetings per year.
- Participate in at least one CFC committee aligned with interests and expertise.
- Act as ambassadors for CFC.
- Fulfill the three-year term of office starting in June 2023. Directors may hold up to two consecutive terms.
To apply, please complete the steps below by February 24, 2023:
Download and review the CFC 2023 Nomination Call Guide
Complete the 2023 Nomination Form, which includes:
- Your contact details
- Your application
- A current CV/resume
Answering the following questions. To note, if you prefer expressing yourself orally instead of written, we encourage you to submit video answers:
- Describe why you are interested in serving as a Director on the CFC Board.
- Describe what contribution you believe you can make to CFC.
- Describe the culture and strengths of a board you are keen to be part of.
- Please share what diversity, equity and inclusion in philanthropy mean to you.
- Do you have a connection/relationship with a community foundation? To community philanthropy?
Name and contact information of two references who can speak on your behalf (one preferably familiar with your previous governance experience)
Confirmation of eligibility
CFC must receive all nominations no later than 17:00 (ET) on February 24, 2023.
All nominations will be considered. A slate of board members will be presented and voted on at our annual membership meeting in June 2023. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important to us for ensuring a fair process for individuals with varying abilities. Please contact Kelly Sannes at email@example.com if you would like to begin a conversation about any accommodations or accessibility requirements throughout the recruitment process.