Are you a changemaker looking to impact the philanthropic sector in Canada? Do you know a community-minded individual or a local community foundation board member or staff who would be a great addition to CFC’s Board? The CFC Board is inviting applications.
The deadline for nominations has been extended to February 18, 2022.
For more information, please review the application package.
The Nominations Call
We are looking for dynamic, community-minded individuals looking to make an impact in the community, the philanthropic sector in Canada.
- Committed to CFC’s purpose of relentlessly pursuing a future where everyone belongs?
- An emergent or experienced leader in the community foundation network and dedicated to supporting communities?
- A curious and future-oriented leader with the ability to operate in a rapidly changing environment?
- Knowledgeable about societal and community issues and approaches to social change?
- A leader who values trust-based relationships and deep collaboration?
- Eager to embrace transformation and lean into complexity?
If so, please consider applying.We encourage community foundation leaders to share this nomination call with any emergent leaders who may be interested.
Skills, expertise and responsibilities
CFC is seeking nominees with a broad range of skills, perspectives and expertise. The Nominations Committee welcomes applications with:
- A diversity of lived experience, including grassroots experience;
- Francophone and bilingual applicants;
- Accounting and financial expertise;
- Legal expertise;
- Individuals with network leadership experience;
- Applicants from northern communities, including the territories.
CFC is committed to relentlessly pursuing a future where everyone belongs — that starts with our team. We can grow, learn and better serve our communities with a diversity of perspectives and lived experiences. We encourage individuals from any size community foundation to apply. We welcome the unique contributions people can bring in terms of their geographic location in Canada, education, culture, ethnicity, Indigenous status, race, languages spoken, gender identity and expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Contribute skills and expertise to advance CFC’s purpose
- Participate in three in-person meetings and three to four teleconferences per year
- Participate in at least one CFC committee aligned with interests and expertise
- Act as ambassadors for CFC
- Fulfill the three-year term of office starting in June 2022. Directors may hold up to two consecutive terms.
The Nominations Process
To apply or to nominate someone, please review the application package, complete the nomination form and provide:
- A brief letter outlining the contribution you would like to make to CFC Board addressed to: the Nominating Committee and Community Foundations of Canada
- A current CV/resume
- Name and contact information for a reference at a Canadian or international community foundation who can speak on your (or your nominee’s) behalf.
CFC must receive all nominations no later than 17:00 (ET) on February 18, 2022.
Please contact Kelly Sannes at email@example.com if you would like to begin a conversation about any accommodations or accessibility requirements throughout the recruitment process.