In 2019, CFC became one of the founding partners of the Equality Fund, a groundbreaking collaboration that will deliver new momentum for women’s movements in Canada and around the world.
As a founding partner, CFC joined a diversity of others including women’s funds, community foundations, Royal Bank of Canada, a gender-lens investing firm, venture capital, a network of the largest global foundations, and others, in an effort to scale global impact by working together. In June of 2019, the Government of Canada announced its own contribution to the Equality Fund, which will further help in creating a sustainable and predictable source of funding for women’s organizations and movements advancing gender equality and the empowerment of all genders, including women, non-binary people and trans people.
The Fund for Gender Equality
Applications are now closed. As Canadian communities work towards a just recovery and a future grounded in gender equality, the Fund for Gender Equality (The Fund) supports ambitious, local projects that advance gender equality.
The Fund supports local initiatives in over 20 communities across Canada. Hosted by local community foundations, the Fund builds on efforts to shift power to women, girls, Two-Spirit and gender-diverse people, and will work towards a future grounded in justice and gender equality.
The Fund supports ambitious, local projects that advance gender equality as Canadian communities work towards a just recovery. The first round of the fund was hosted between May and November 2020 by participating community foundations who distributed a total of $3.4M to projects in their communities.
The Fund is available in participating communities, and organizations whose mission, activities, or partnerships are focused on advancing gender equality were able to apply for grants of up to $40,000.
- Gender-lens investing roundtable, section 1 *CFs can choose to attend one of the two sections available – September/October – Contact email@example.com
- The Conversation with the Equality Fund – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 20 – Gender-lens investing roundtable, section 2 *CFs can choose to attend one of the two sections available – September/October – Contact email@example.com
- 2SLGBTQ+ communities and gender equality – November 3 – Register here
- Feminist Movements and Lasting Change: What We Know and Where Next – Recording & Summary
- Gender-lens investing part 1 – Slides, Recording
- Gender-lens investing part 2 – Recording
- How to adopt decent work practices – Register here
- Racial equity and philanthropy – Register here
- Bridging divides through personal connections for racial equity and inclusion – Register here